Recognition procedure

Recognition procedure

For nurses


Nursing assistants

(varies in part according to federal state)


You have fully completed your studies according to the law of your country (diplomas, examination certificates, licences or other certificates of qualification).
You have good knowledge of the German language, B1 or B2.

We can do that for you!

Required documents:

The following documents are required for the application:

Signed curriculum vitae with school and vocational training or studies in tabular form
Birth certificate in certified copy
Marriage certificate in certified copy (only if the name has changed due to marriage)
Letter of intent to hire from a potential employer
Valid national passport (certified copy)
Final certificate – diploma – of your education in your home country (certified photocopy of the original and certified German translation)
Overview of grades and subjects with details of the training hours of your education in your home country for each school year (certified photocopy of the original and certified German translation).
Document on practical work in the respective profession (certified photocopy of the originals and certified German translation).

The following necessary documents may be submitted subsequently if it is established after verification that the level of training is equivalent:

Certificate of good conduct, not older than 3 months
Medical certificate of fitness for the profession, not older than 3 months
Proof that you have a good command of spoken and written German (B2 from the Goethe Institute, ÖSD, Telc or TestDAF. More rarely, other certificates or Telc B1 Pflege are also recognised).

Please note the high, but partly different requirements of the German presidiums regarding the form of the documents! You are safest with this procedure:

The CV must be signed by hand. Do not forget the current date.
Copies of documents, passports, certificates must be certified by the German embassy or a German authority / German notary.

The overview of subjects must have the following contents:

Date of beginning and end of studies.
It must be “personalised”. That means it must have your name on it.
The hours per subject and practical course must be noted. Credit points are not sufficient.

If you provide evidence of work experience: Make sure that the activities of your work and not just the position are listed, e.g. post-operative monitoring of patients, performing prophylactic measures, administering medication (oral, i.v., i.m. and s.c.) and so on. This is to show that you have professional experience in the care of patients and have not exclusively done “office work” in the hospital.

Translations must either be made or certified by a translator sworn in Germany. Approved translators can be found here:

Recently, there have been more and more embassies that no longer do certified copies. There is no good solution to this problem yet. The easiest way is to send the documents to Germany “in the original” so that a notary can make a certified copy. However, we would like to point out that there is a high personal risk for you. Only give your originals to people who you know personally and who have your full confidence! Unfortunately, it is often the case that originals are only returned for a lot of money.

If possible, flegisto does not want original diplomas and certificates. If the German embassy refuses the copies and you do not know anyone personally in Germany, we will look for a solution with you.